Building Maintenance Technician
~~Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With three locations, over 135,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees accessibility to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
Perform functions as required relating to building maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting work to maintain buildings.
- Maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, monitor HVAC controls and adjust set points as needed, perform routine HVAC preventive maintenance work, determine HVAC system problems and make recommendations for repair.
- Roof maintenance; inspect condition of roofs, clean roof gutters and drains.
- Move and relocate office furniture and equipment, adjust desks, chairs and files as needed.
- Inspect and maintain facilities, buildings and grounds. Perform routine maintenance and light grounds keeping.
- Run errands as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles of general building construction and maintenance.
- Principles of carpentry, plumbing, painting, and electrical.
- Principles of heating, ventilation and cooling.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to recognize occupational hazards and follow standard safety practice.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Read and interpret blueprints and plans.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Education and Training
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of increasingly responsible general facilities maintenance experience or equivalent.
- Sufficient ability to perform moderate or light lifting and carrying.
- Walking or standing for prolonged periods.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
- Working on ladders and working at heights.
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Job Status: Full Time