Responsible for planning and procuring Aerospace hardware, castings and forgings with direct oversight. Supports complete supply chain activities for assigned product using sound business practices and ethics.
- Process orders and order acknowledgements using MRP on a daily basis.
- Select and/or recommend vendors (internationally as needed).
- Monitor selected commodities and vendors for performance.
- Coordinate secondary backup sourcing activities as needed.
- Coordinate blanket orders and stocking programs.
- Coordinate materials outsourcing including domestic and offshore vendors.
- Negotiate best value with vendors.
- Work hand in hand in a cooperative and supportive manner with all departments within the organization.
- Assign duties to reports and monitor work as needed.
- Reviews and analyzes MRP purchasing requirements.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Prepares and processes requests for quotes to suppliers.
- Reviews supplier bids, negotiates pricing to ensure that the company receives the best possible price while meeting all quality and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for input, accuracy and integrity of MRP procurement data (i.e. lead time and other critical planning parameters).
- Prepares and distributes purchase orders/purchase order change notices and maintains purchase order files.
- Prepares return shippers, monitors scheduled receipts to ensure material is not delivered earlier than required.
- Regulates supplier performance and performs timely updates to shortage reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills.
- Strong ERP, MRP and PC skills (previous Epicor experience a plus)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to handle a changing environment.
- Ability to project a positive professional image consistent with company guidelines.
- Aerospace buying experience preferred.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Materials or Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 5 years purchasing related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Purchasing experience preferred with manufacturing background a possible substitute.
- Requires solid verbal and written interaction with peers, Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Quality Department and Hourly Associates.
Job Status: Full Time