Responsible for planning and procuring assigned commodities with direct oversight. Supports complete supply chain activities for assigned product using sound business practices and ethics. This position typically is responsible for lower-value, simpler commodities and non-production items.
- Process orders and order acknowledgements using MRP on a daily basis.
- Select and/or recommend vendors (internationally as needed).
- Monitor selected commodities and vendors for performance.
- Coordinate secondary backup sourcing activities as needed.
- Coordinate blanket orders and stocking programs.
- Coordinate materials outsourcing including domestic and offshore vendors.
- Negotiate best value with vendors.
- Work hand in hand in a cooperative and supportive manner with all departments within the organization.
- Assign duties to reports and monitor work as needed.
- Reviews and analyzes MRP purchasing requirements.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Prepares and processes requests for quotes to suppliers.
- Reviews supplier bids, negotiates pricing to ensure that the company receives the best possible price while meeting all quality and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for input, accuracy and integrity of MRP procurement data (i.e. lead time and other critical planning parameters).
- Prepares and distributes purchase orders/purchase order change notices and maintains purchase order files.
- Prepares return shippers, monitors scheduled receipts to ensure material is not delivered earlier than required.
- Regulates supplier performance and performs timely updates to shortage reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills.
- Strong ERP, MRP and PC skills (previous Epicor experience a plus)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to handle a changing environment.
- Ability to project a positive professional image consistent with company guidelines.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Materials or Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 7-10 years purchasing related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Purchasing experience preferred with manufacturing background a possible substitute.
- Requires solid verbal and written interaction with peers, Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Quality Department and Hourly Associates.
Job Status: Full Time