- Interprets demand signals (MRP, Requisitions, Kanban cards etc.) and makes financially sound purchasing decisions.
- Understands inventory control principles and processes and the impact of inventory to the financial health of the business.
- Coordinates with other functions (including Quality, Engineering, Finance, Operations etc.) to ensure timely fulfillment of material and service requirements in support of the business.
- Works actively to identify, engage, and manage relationships with suppliers capable of meeting the business requirements relative to Cost, Delivery, Service, and Quality.
- Maintains records and systems consistent with professional approach to purchasing activities.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiar with standard concepts and commonly used purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Has basic knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures. Has basic knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, may require a Bachelor degree.
- 2-5 years purchasing related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
Job Status: Full Time