Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With four locations, over 135,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees access to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
- Perform calibration of standard measuring and test equipment to determine conformance to manufacturers and Modern Industries specifications and requirement.
- Use standard calibration software for reporting variable calibration data, gage reports and Gage R&R in support of Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Production Control.
- Report gage status accurately, record “out of tolerance” for resolution, and identify nonconforming measuring and test equipment to be properly documented and segregated.
- Provide calibrated gages for manufacturing including gage kitting.
- Calibration of thread plug gages.
- Provide weekly reports to supervisor of calibration results.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Able to utilize standard mechanical instruments, functional gauges, test fixtures and electronic diagnostic instruments for variable data collection.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, technical specifications, calibration procedures and certificates.
- Able to exhibit an accuracy in judgment for ascertaining gauging requirements for critical components and stage gauging and gage kits in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work with and schedule outside calibration suppliers including initiating purchase requisitions.
- Additionally have good basic math aptitude, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand gage accuracy and product tolerancing requirements.
- Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes, familiarity and knowledge of machining, and a basic understanding of gauging requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment (First Article Inspector Level I).
- Preference to have an additional 6 months experience in a calibration environment.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to work standing for periods of time
- Eyesight correctable to 20/30 required
- Will be required to take and pass a color blindness test for visual inspections.
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.