Cleanroom Visual Inspector - 2nd Shift
- Perform visual inspection.
- Ensures quality of manufactured goods.
- Inspect goods as they are finished.
- Examine materials from production line before packaging product.
- Ensure company is meeting required specifications in the manufacturing process.
- Perform polishing of inspected product.
- Record pass/fail grade of products.
- Produce detailed reports.
- Count number of products tested or inspected.
- Weigh product and samples to verify packaging weight.
- Compare color, shape, texture, or grade of material with color chart, template, or sample to ensure consistency.
- Package product as needed.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to read engineering drawings, technical specifications, product certifications, manufacturing planning, and inspection procedures.
- Ability to interpret SPC plans and results.
- Strong attention to detail, close observation and concentration skills.
- Excellent decision making, planning and organizational skills.
- Report product status accurately, record “turn-backs” for resolution, analyze product history for trends and identify nonconforming material to be properly documented and segregated using Computer software.
- Prepare and use standard documentation for reporting and detailed inspection plans for the purpose of recording measurement results on Computer software .
- Inspector is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of appropriate workmanship standards and be able to use sampling plans to establish product acceptance in line with the customer’s specifications.
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes, familiarity and knowledge of machining, and a basic understanding of special processes (i.e heat treatment, plating, welding, etc.).
- Work safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Preference to have visual inspecting experience with semi-conductor products and/or aerospace products and assemblies.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Able to work in a black light room.
- 20/20 vision unaided or corrected.
- Basic computer skills.
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability