CNC Machinist All Shifts
- Load, Unload, Start, and Stop Machines.
- Monitor the feeds and speeds of machines during the machining process.
- Pay attention to machines during operation in order to detect dull cutting tools and excessive vibration.
- Measure dimensions of finished work-pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Calculate and set machine movements according to drawing specs.
- Adjust machine feeds and speeds, change cutting tools, and/or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if the machine malfunctions.
- Set-up fixtures, tools, and programs for the operation of machines for repeat jobs.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a Makino horizontal 4-axis machine.
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, and other key indicators to make sure machines are working properly and work-pieces meet quality standards.
- Ability to use basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, including their uses and maintenance.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Ability to control the operations of machining equipment and systems.
- Basic knowledge of Trigonometry.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 3-5 years experience.
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
- Inspection Techniques for Machinists.
- SPC Charts and Tools.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Machine applications and tooling fixtures. Adjusting boring heads.