CNC Machinists - Grinder (2nd Shift)
**** We are looking for 1 CNC Grinder Machinist (2nd shift)***
- Load, Unload, Start, and Stop Machines.
- Listens to machine during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull (in need of dressing) grinding wheels.
- Measure dimensions of finished work-pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
- Dress grinding wheels according to specifications.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to operate various types of machines such as surface grinder, CNC grinding machines and manual grinding machines as well as their maintenance.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, calipers, and micrometers.
- Basic knowledge of Trigonometry
- Ability to use basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, including their uses and maintenance.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Ability to control the operations of machining equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of GDT
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 3-5 years experience.
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
- Inspection Techniques for Machinists.
- SPC Charts and Tools.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Machine applications and tooling fixtures. Adjusting boring heads.
Job Status: Full Time