The Compliance Officer is responsible for the management of compliance with Governmental and Customer requirements at the corporate level. This position is responsible for overseeing overall trade and regulatory compliance activities as required by the:
- Customs Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Commerce and Foreign Trade Regulations
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations
- Conflict Minerals Act/Declarations
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
This position will work closely with the CFO.
- Advise site general managers and senior staff about trade compliance aspects and risks of proposed business decisions; collaborate effectively with peers at related company sites.
- Work pro-actively with departments to prevent trade disruptions.
- Monitor compliance activities and the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Produce and analyze reports from ERP/MRP and other information systems.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and live by company’s ethics and business conduct policies.Maintain a company-wide focus on Risk Mitigation Activities related to various appropriate regulatory and Customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned, primarily in Finance and Administration.
- Strong program management experience.
- Demonstrated strength in in leading cross-functional teams and project management.
- Ability to prepare or revise procedures, work instructions, forms, and business flowcharts.
- Demonstrated history of competency with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
- Strong computer skills including ability to research transactions and prepare reports in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems, perform spreadsheet calculations, and quickly learn new software tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work at both detail and strategic levels; work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and display sound judgment.
- Ability to prepare and review complex business documents.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, law, engineering, physical science or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with regulatory compliance
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP).
- Experience with international business transactions and contract administration. In-depth experience in at least one area of job scope above.
Job Status: Full Time