Desktop Support Technician
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from staff.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Tests alternative pathways until you resolve an issue.
- Directs unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Follows up with clients to ensure their systems are functional.
- Updates tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work.
Key and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Self-driven and highly motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of endpoint operating systems, including Windows.
- Willingness to work flexible hours – shift work required including weekend shift hours.
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of help desk or desktop support or similar IT experience
- Experience with Tier II phone support
- High expertise with troubleshooting Windows, Operating Systems
- Hardware: Laptops, Desktops, iPhone
Job Status: Full Time