Under the direct supervision and reporting to the CFO, the Financial Analyst applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports that drive operational efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing technical duties to include the design, implementation and review of financial and internal control reports and processes. Priority is troubleshooting operational results via the repetitive review of reports and creation of additional ad hoc reports – with the goal of reducing errors, driving efficiencies, and maintaining control of internal processes. The primary focus of this role will be cost reduction via spend review and analysis of Fixed Asset and Cost Accounting data.
- Perform regular and ad hoc analysis & reporting across various systems and processes.
- Perform the maintenance of the Sage Fixed Asset system and reconcile Fixed Assets, Construction in Progress and Capital Expenditures.
- Perform diversified and timely analysis of Epicor data (financial and other data) to more accurately report on the results of operations and proactively impact operational results
- Diagnose identified Epicor issues, propose corrective actions, and participate in the implementation of these corrections.
- Construct or improve automated data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system.
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Active participation in inventory and cost reduction projects.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Proficiency in Excel with the ability to visually interpret the logic of a complex sequence of excel formulas and update or change these as needed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships with key business partners internal and external
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially during period close and reporting cycles
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to work independently
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required or equivalent work experience.
- Financial Analysis: 2-3 Years
- Modeling: 1 year
Job Status: Full Time