First Article Inspector (Weekend Shift)
Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With four locations, over 250,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees access to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
This position will perform First Article inspections of products to determine conformance to the customer’s Engineering prints and specifications, utilizing standard mechanical instruments, CMM’s, functional gauges, test fixtures, and electronic diagnostic instruments for variable data collection.
- Follows manufacturing plans and inspection procedures to report product status accurately.
- Uses sampling plans to establish product acceptance in line with the customer’s specifications.
- Identifies and records nonconforming material to be properly documented and segregated for resolution.
- Prepares and uses standard documentation for reporting variable test data, SPC, and detailed inspection plans for the purpose of recording measurement results on Computer Software.
- Reviews product history for trends and analysis.
- Exhibits accuracy in judgment for ascertaining critical components.
- Performs administrative tasks such as document preparation and collection.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Skill-set required to conduct receiving inspections using standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges, and test fixtures. Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, technical specifications, product certifications, manufacturing planning, and inspection procedures. Ability to interpret SPC plans and results. Comprehensive understanding of appropriate workmanship standards. Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes, machining, and special processes (i.e. heat treatment, plating, welding, etc.). Basic math and organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical experience with semi-conductor products and/or aerospace products and assemblies preferred.
Physical Requirements: Eyesight 20/25 with or without correction. Will be required to take and pass a color blindness test for visual inspections.
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.