First Article Inspector Weekend Shift
This position will perform First Article inspections of products to determine conformance to the customer’s Engineering prints and specifications, utilizing standard mechanical instruments, CMM’s, functional gauges, test fixtures, and electronic diagnostic instruments for variable data collection.
· Follows manufacturing plans and inspection procedures to report product status accurately.
· Uses sampling plans to establish product acceptance in line with the customer’s specifications.
· Identifies and records nonconforming material to be properly documented and segregated for resolution.
· Prepares and uses standard documentation for reporting variable test data, SPC, and detailed inspection plans for the purpose of recording measurement results on Computer Software.
· Reviews product history for trends and analysis.
· Exhibits accuracy in judgment for ascertaining critical components.
· Performs administrative tasks such as document preparation and collection.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Skill-set required to conduct receiving inspections using standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges, and test fixtures. Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, technical specifications, product certifications, manufacturing planning, and inspection procedures. Ability to interpret SPC plans and results. Comprehensive understanding of appropriate workmanship standards. Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes, machining, and special processes (i.e. heat treatment, plating, welding, etc.). Basic math and organizational skills.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Must have a minimum of 1-3 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment. Mechanical experience with semi-conductor products and/or aerospace products and assemblies preferred.
Physical Requirements: Eyesight 20/25 with or without correction. Will be required to take and pass a color blindness test for visual inspections.