Hand Finisher (1St, 2Nd, And Weekend Shift)
Eligible for a $500.00 sign on bonus!
Openings are for 1st, 2nd, and Weekend shift
Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With four locations, over 250,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees access to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
- This position will hand finish a wide variety of metal parts and castings for the Aerospace and Semi-Conductor industries.
- Uses hand and power tools to grind, sand, and clean parts to prepare for further finishing.
- Breaks edges and deburres.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to use a wide variety of basic deburr and hand finish tools (right angle grinder, die grinder, orbital sanders) and equipment, both manual and power.
Education and Experience:
- High school or GED.
- Minimum 0-3 years hand finish experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend English preferred.
Steady hand-eye coordination. Ability to lift 30 lbs. Ability to work standing for periods of time. May involve twisting/turning of upper body.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must wear personal protective equipment at all times.
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.