Machinist III/IV - All Shifts
- Loads, Unloads, Starts, and Stops Machines.
- Monitors the feeds and speeds of machines during the machining process.
- Watches gauges, dials, and other indicators to make sure machines are working properly and work-pieces meet quality standards.
- Monitors machines during operation in order to detect dull cutting tools and excessive vibration.
- Measures dimensions of finished work-pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Calculates and sets machine movements according to drawing specs.
- Adjusts machine feeds and speeds, changes cutting tools, and/or adjusts machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if the machine malfunctions.
- Sets up fixtures, tools, and programs for the operation of machines for first run and repeat parts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of machine tools, including their uses and maintenance. Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions. Ability to control the operations of machining equipment and systems. Ability to determine the type of tools and equipment needed to perform a job. Ability to detect machine errors (i.e. noises, vibrations, etc.). Ability to determine causes of operating errors and to find a solution to the problem. Mathematics knowledge, particularly Trigonometry. Understanding of Metallurgy. Ability to write simple programs. Understanding of Jig Grind and Jig Bore. Knowledge of G codes and M codes.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. 6-10 years of experience in relevant field. 5S Training. Advanced Blueprint Reading. Documentation and Modern’s Production System. Inspection Techniques for Machinists. SPC Charts and Tools. Flow manufacturing. Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. Machine applications and tooling fixtures. Adjusting boring heads.
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. Ability to lift pieces with hoists or cranes. Ability to work standing for long periods of time.
Special Requirements: Certified Machinist. Crane/Hoist Operator Certification.