Perform functions as required relating to building and production equipment maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Provide engineering and project management support for TI work, building repairs and equipment installations.
- Create, update and maintain documentation and procedures relating to buildings, facilities and equipment.
- Building drawings - architectural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, plant layouts.
- Equipment documentation - maintenance history, preventive maintenance work instructions, operating and maintenance procedures.
- Work closely with facilities and maintenance teams to monitor, inspect, and document anything facilities and equipment related, including hands-on troubleshooting, repair, rebuild, preventive maintenance and installation work.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret building and mechanical blueprints and plans.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- General computer skills (MS Windows, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, Google)
- Advanced 2-D and 3-D CAD experience (Autocad, SolidEdge)
- Working knowledge of general building construction and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting, fabrication and electrical work.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.
- Working knowledge of control circuits and PLC ladder logic and programming.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to recognize occupational hazards and follow standard safety practices.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Building Construction).
- Minimum 5-10 years of increasingly responsible roles in mechanical engineering and design, general facilities maintenance or construction management, preferably in a manufacturing plant environment.
Job Status: Full Time