Maintenance Supervisor - Facilities/Equipment
Essential Duties: Perform functions as required relating to supervising Facilities and Maintenance personnel, including but not limited to:
- Oversee Equipment and Facilities Maintenance Requests:
- Monitor incoming requests.
- Assign resources and personnel as needed.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of requests.
- Oversee Preventive Maintenance:
- Prepare and maintain schedules for production and selected critical equipment.
- Coordinate PM events with production management.
- Coordinate and monitor facility and building maintenance with in-house and outside contractor resources.
- Maintain maintenance tools and equipment.
- Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Maintain written work instructions and standard operating procedures:
- Develop and maintain instructions and sop’s in conjunction with department personnel and management.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, and conduct safety inspections as required.
- Work with supervisor and HR department on hiring, training, and disciplinary issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong management and interpersonal skills with a wide-ranging group of skilled positions (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, machining, engineering)
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Basic knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Read and interpret building and mechanical blueprints and plans.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Windows, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, Google)
- Advanced 2-D and 3-D CAD experience desired (Auto cad, Solid Edge)
- Working knowledge of general building construction and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting, fabrication and electrical work.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to recognize occupational hazards and follow standard safety practices.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Building Construction, Business Management).
- Minimum 5-10 years of increasingly responsible management and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Job Status: Full Time