~~Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With three locations, over 135,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees accessibility to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
- Direct maintenance around chemicals such as hydrofluoric acid, nitric acid alodine, sulfuric acid, etc.
- Perform Installation and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of production machines and plant facility equipment
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic rectifiers.
- Ability to diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance and carpentry functions. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Travel between all buildings in Phoenix and Tempe area.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties,. Knowledge of and ability to comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Education and Training
Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience. An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus. 4+ years of manufacturing experience in a chemical processing environment.
Ability to lift 40lbs
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Job Status: Full Time