- Perform Installation and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of production machines and plant facility equipment
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic rectifiers.
- Ability to diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance and carpentry functions. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Direct maintenance around chemicals such as hydrofluoric acid, nitric acid alodine, sulfuric acid, etc
- Travel between all buildings in Phoenix and Tempe area.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Education and Training:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience a plus.
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Ability to work standing for long periods at a time
- Ability to walk 8+ hours a day
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.