This position will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and/or systems. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised machined products.
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of processes and related equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Confers with sales, planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and quality results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Applies statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must have knowledge of computers, machining and assembly practices, tools and fixturing. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and make presentations. Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees. Excellent communication skills. Must excel at working in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
May require a bachelor's degree in engineering and 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area, or at least 7 years of practical experience in the field or in a related area.
- 3-5 years of process design engineering in the manufacturing sector, job shop preferable.
- 3-5 years of total machine manufacturing experience, which would include machining, supervision, management, CNC programming and process engineering (hands on experience is essential).
Job Status: Full Time