Materials Joining Engineer
- Create a streamlined method for joining similar or dissimilar materials either through outside source manufacturing as well as internal process manufacturing.
- Handle all of the engineering-related issues regarding materials joining of hardware, build to print detail components manufactured to customer requirements, and meeting NADCAP credentials.
- Create operation specific requirements for:
- Vacuum Brazing
- Metal Spray Coatings
- Ceramic Spray Coatings
- Heat Treatment
- Design Jig and Fixtures as required.
- Define Inspection criteria for pre and post joining.
- Create Cad Models prints as required.
- Create Process schedule/technique sheets.
- Create SPS and SNF as required.
- Provide technical support for Supplier development activities.
- Assist in the procurement of capital equipment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Fundamentally strong in design for metal joining.
- Full understanding of EPICOR.
- Full understanding of Solid Modeling.
- Solid Edge is the current Modern tool
- Proficient in relaying information to Suppliers via e-mail and voice communications.
- Proficient in relaying technical information to Customers via e-mail and voice communications.
- Self-discipline in the areas of organization and time management.
Education and Experience:
- May require a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or 5 -7 years of practical experience in the field or related area.
Job Status: Full Time