Position Description: Plans and establishes production schedules. Monitors materials inventories, tracks progress of productions, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
- Checks availability of raw material, component parts and sub-assemblies prior to releasing work orders.
- Initiate work orders in accordance with MRP/spreadsheet scheduling requirements.
- Check on progress of work in process through the Control system and expedite as required.
- Prepare and maintain shortage reports, identify potential problems and communicate requirements and status of supply orders.
- Work closely with Production, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, and others in Production Control to monitor production schedules and work in process.
- Perform maintenance on supply orders as required to support schedule changes.
- Contribute suggestions toward the continuous improvement to Modern Industries systems and procedures.
Education and Experience:
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. (1-3) years manufacturing production control, assembly or fabrication experience, preferably in an aerospace environment. Ability to read and interpret blueprints for writing manufacturing procedures for shop use. Computer with Excel experience preferred.