Production Control Expeditor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates Planning Status travelers.
- Responds to Planning Status Travelers for issuing and tracking work orders.
- Release work orders to production floor per their due date, planned by Master Scheduler.
- Expedite shortages and remain up to date on their status.
- Release work orders when required by computer, then release work order to storeroom to pull parts (planner).
- Delegate work orders to production line when required.
- Identify sub assembly’s required for shortages.
- Monitor work Orders to ensure proper routing Engineering.
- Review work orders for proper Bill of Materials Engineering.
- Verify accurate issue of materials on work orders.
- Coordinate production needs with Production Planner on finished goods.
- Follows and audits the physical progress of materials or goods through manufacturing to ensure conformance to schedule.
- Reports major problems to supervisor for corrective action, and assists, when possible in initiating measures to eliminate shortages or heavy workloads.
- Position involves accurately counting and tracking a variety of items.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of Material Requirements Planning
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience relating to scheduling and/or production experience.
- Experience with expediting, MRP/ERP systems and MS Office applications.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints, BOM’s, and other production documents.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal formats.
- Basic math and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to use or learn how to operate a computer at a basic level.
- Basic knowledge of Epicor/Vantage manufacturing software is highly desirable.
Job Status: Full Time