Production Control Expeditor
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Expedites and monitors material and Work-In-Process (WIP), and continually alerts Production Control
- Locates WIP for the purposes of properly executing work orders, engineering changes, stock sweeps, aged or lost work orders and timely status updates for Production Control Planning.
- Follows and audits the physical progress of materials or goods through manufacturing to ensure conformance to schedule.
- Supports Production Control Planners by tracking WIP to pipeline for weekly status meetings.
- Generates Planning Status travelers.
- Responds to Planning Status Travelers for issuing and tracking work orders
- Expedite shortages and remain up to date on their status
- Verify accurate issue of materials on work orders
- Coordinate production needs with Production Planner on finished goods
- Reports major problems to supervisor for corrective action, and assists, when possible in initiating measures to eliminate shortages or heavy workloads.
- Position involves accurately counting and tracking a variety of items.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Uses computer output reports and on-line data in the performance of specific tasks, as directed by management.
- Updates computer system with proper transactions for split lots, scrap, and rework, return to vendor.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
Job Status: Full Time