Production Control Planner
This position is responsible for planning the master production schedule, purchases components and assemblies, and coordinates with multiple departments and outside vendors to meet established delivery dates utilizing a manufacturing information system. Creates a master production plan for manufacturing that minimizes inventory levels, maximizes customer satisfaction, level loads the factory and balances other performance related company goals. Working with sales, production control, and manufacturing management, analyzes forecast and determines labor loading and capacity requirements; participates in creating and meeting cost, and delivery goals; monitors delivery performance.
- Develops a production plan that is aligned with sales forecast, inventory targets and available capacity.
- Implements, communicates and manages production plans as well as lead times.
- Manages product life cycle from production ramp to discontinuation, using planning methods such as make to stock.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Develops alternative recovery plans to overcome supply/demand issues as they arise.
- Keeps management informed of priorities and problems; maintains day-to-day record of reports.
- Manages level loading tools.
- Follows up to ensure requirements are met.
- Checks the sales forecast for reasonableness and work with Management to resolve questions.
- Keeps current on manufacturing cycles and anticipated customer requirements, recommends combining jobs and increasing quantities where indicated to affect economics.
- Evaluates impacts, such as requests for the introduction of new production techniques or new sales orders requiring less than normal delivery time.
- Carries out special projects related to production control as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience.
- Must have strong communication (oral & written), attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle high volume workload and changing priorities.