Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With four locations, over 250,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees access to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
Set up and operate saws to cut parts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints and work operations sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed
- Set up and operates circle saw and plate saw machines in accordance with the print specifications and work instructions to process parts
- Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specific operations
- Use steel rule and wrenches
- Inspects equipment and blade before starting the machine to cut.
- Load and unload equipment and materials, manually and with hoist
- Performs equipment maintenance by replacing defective cutting blade or wheel
- Use inspection gauges such as calipers (both dial and vernier), micrometers, squares, and height gauges to perform quality checks on parts as outlined by work instructions; corrects dimensional problems and approves set-ups by other operators.
- Maintain tools, measuring instruments, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner; reports all equipment problems or malfunctions to the shift supervisor immediately; and maintains clean, orderly and safe work areas at all times.
- Perform set-up for prototype parts and forms according to blueprints and guidelines.
- Attention to detail
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred welding experience
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.