Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Financial Analyst applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports that drive operational efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing highly technical duties to include the design, implementation and review of financial and internal control reports and processes. Priority is troubleshooting internal processes and operational results via the repetitive review of reports and creation of additional ad hoc reports – with the goal of reducing errors, driving efficiencies, and maintaining control of internal processes. The primary focus of this role will financial modeling and analytics.
- Perform diversified and timely analysis of Epicor data (financial and other data) to more accurately report on the results of operations and proactively impact operational results.
- Perform analytical review of the various reports – to identify errors, trends, and KPI’s.
- Diagnose identified Epicor issues, propose corrective actions, and participate in the implementation of these corrections.
- Perform regular and ad hoc preventive maintenance on various systems and processes.
- Identify internal control risks (user access, segregation of duties, etc.), both within and outside of Epicor and propose practical remedial actions. Once approved, participate in the implementation of these internal control corrective actions.
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Active participation in inventory reduction projects.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Reconciliation, and Account Analysis.
- Proficiency in Excel with the ability to visually interpret the logic of a complex sequence of excel formulas and update or change these as needed.
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships with key business partners internal and external.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially during period close and reporting cycles.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required or equivalent work experience.
- Financial Analysis/Modeling: 3-5 years
Job Status: Full Time