Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With three locations, over 135,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees accessibility to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrinkwrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
· Ability to read and write.
· Records maintenance skills.
· Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
· Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
· Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
· Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
· Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
· Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
· Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
· Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
· Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
· Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
· Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
At Modern Industries we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Job Status: Full Time