Shipping/Receiving (1st And Weekend)
Modern Industries is a private company held by the same family for two generations. Our humble beginnings inspire a family-oriented workplace that understands the importance of open communication, flexibility and a good work/life balance. With four locations, over 250,000 square feet of operations space and more than 150 CNC controlled milling and turning centers, Modern Industries offers employees access to state of the art facilities with top of the line machinery.
- Verifies information on forms and paperwork of incoming and outgoing shipments per PO requirements
- Compares identifying information, counts, weights, and/or measures items in incoming and outgoing shipments to packing list and PO requirements
- Pull kits for assembly, fill shortages, and store incoming products in a timely manner.
- Determines method and mode of shipment to customer requirements in portals or customer routing guide
- Determines labeling requirements per PO requirements
- Assembles and packs product containers, prepares and affixes shipping labels on cartons identifying information for cartons, skid or other storage devices in an accurate manner.
- Prepares all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- The above duties will be required on a daily basis as well as all other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Abilities: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows navigation, including Microsoft Office suite. Data entry and Basic math skills. Inventory control and flow.
Education and Experience: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum 0 - 3 years warehouse experience.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Must be able to become certified to operate a forklift.
At Modern Industries, we offer a wide variety of benefit options along with company paid perks as well. These benefits include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.