Supplier Quality Engineer
- Responsible for all quality improvement issues related to suppliers of materials, products, and services used in development and manufacturing.
- Refines procedures and creates/programs the necessary databases to track performance.
- Represents Supply Chain Management in internal, external, and customer audits of the supplier management system.
- Assesses potential new suppliers.
- Works with suppliers to develop and improve the extended supply chain.
- Deals with issues related to purchasing, as necessary.
- Manages Supplier Programs; Corrective Action, Audit, Accreditations/Registrations (ISO 9001, AS 9100, ITAR, etc.).
- Maintains SCM Intranet Webpages, publishes supplier information, creates and maintains workflows and Supplier Request in our internal database (SharePoint).
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Professional Certification and knowledge of SPC, Six Sigma, and associated quality management concepts strongly desired.
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs, VBA code and SharePoint.
- Able to multi-task to address quality concerns.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5–7 years related experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering role and manufacturing environment.
Job Status: Full Time